When Is The Right Time To Upgrade Your Electrical Panel?
This question comes with a multi pronged answer, and is split into 2 parts. Really… you should be asking yourself “do I NEED to upgrade my electrical panel” or “do I WANT to upgrade my electrical panel sooner than later”. While you find the answer within this article, please reach out to our team with any questions regarding electrical panel upgrades, repairs and installations in VT.
Signs You NEED To Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
- Frequent Tripping or Blowing of Fuses: Blown fuses and constant tripping are indicators that your panel needs to be upgraded because it can’t provide the proper capacity of electrical power to your important appliances, devices, etc. in your home.
- Outdated Electrical Panel: General rule of thumb says to get your electrical panel replaced at least once per 20 years. If your panel is 20+ years old, give us a ring and we’ll help you out ASAP! Your panel might be too old to sustain power for modern day devices and appliances.
- Not Enough Space For New Circuits: As you expand and add to your home, you’ll need new circuits. Unfortunately, if there is no room on your existing panel, you’ll need to upgrade the panel with help from a VT electrician equipped to install a new electrical panel.
- Discoloration of Electrical Panel: If your panel is discolored or looks as though it has overheated, it’s time to upgrade your panel before the worst case scenario arises. This could be a sign of an overloading or malfunctioning electrical panel.
Why You Might WANT To Upgrade Your Electric Panel
- New Appliances: If you’re looking into remodeling your home, adding new appliances is a great way to boost comfort, function and home value. Keep in mind that your current electrical panel might not have the capacity to support modern appliances.
- Difficulty Finding Replacement Parts: If it’s nearly impossible to find replacements and parts for your existing panel, this is a sign that your electrical panel is outdated and should be replaced at your earliest convenience.
It’s always recommended that you take up these issues with your most trusted VT electrician, as electrical panels are essential to your home’s electrical infrastructure. Give us a call or leave a message to get in touch and start with your next electrical panel upgrade, repair or installation in Vermont.